Wednesday, September 2, 2015

AWESOME 80's Hot Rollers!!!


First of all, these Clairol Lock 'n' Roll hot rollers do still work - and I will wax nostalgic about how great they are in a minute - but even if they didn't the FABULOUS 80's aesthetic alone would be worth investing in.

 Seriously, if you don't appreciate the Jem & The Holograms-esque instruction manual or product photos reminiscent of Designing Women, I'm not sure we can be friends.

So the rad thing about these rollers is that they are made of silicon, and after you've wound your silky tendrils around a curler, you flip it inside out and it holds the hair in place. No clips, no getting your hair all snagged up, no hot metal to burn your scalp on. And these buggers work. I have used them for countless weddings, parties, and theatrical events. These days, my hair has just gotten too long/thick to use them effectively so I have switched over to a curling wand. I struggled with the decision to let these go, but I need to make room so my loss is your gain.

Full disclosure: these puppies do take a while to heat up. Luckily there is a handy red indicator dot on the base to let you know when it's ready.

Clairol Lock 'n' Roll Set (with 8 additional curlers, apparently a $10 value in 1989): $10


I'm moving out of state on September 9th, so everything is priced to move, and all prices are open to reasonable negotiation. AND I'll give away a free book with every purchase! Contact me at amebug@yahoo.com for more information.

Thanks, and happy shopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment